(My desktop computer is having major issues and I cannot open any pictures right now! Not sure how blogging is gonna go.) These pictures are from James's phone!
So, on to "raising boys." I have always been a girlie girl to the max! Then over the course of almost 8 yrs the Lord gave us 3 BOYS! When they were little I could still be me and raise boys, but since they have gotten a bit bigger I have had to step outside of my mold. I have had to realize that I will lose quality time with them if I don't!
If you are a personal friend or regular visitor to my blog then you know that I love to camp. As of late I have also been fishing, four wheeling etc...so today I went Hunting! Yep you heard it! Took a shower in soap that smells like dirt, hunter's orange and all! : )
We had so much fun! I sat with Isaiah. James sat with Isaac! I tortured Isaiah :)
The best part of it was that we were on our own land! We have 50.5 acres now! Those pics are on my desktop :(
So, anyway we sat on hard cold ground this morning and watched our breath. We saw 4 doe, bunches of squirrels, 2 ground squirrels, birds, bugs etc. but no bucks..For the zone that we were hunting only a buck was allowed.
We left for lunch and then back to set on nice warm ground and sweat for a few more hours :) Wasn' t the weather gorgeous! No luck today, but it was great fun!
Isaiah and I spent quality time together and found ourselves slap happy at moments! James and Isaac whittled and piddled :)
Don't get me wrong our boys do plenty of "boy" things with James or my dad without me! They also enjoy baking cookies, helping me clean, shopping and chocolate ;) with me! The thoughts of my heart are that we live in a difficult day and hour and I fear that it just got more difficult...the family has to be strong and we have to raise strong men and women of God!
I am tickled to say that I got to go hunting with my boys including my sweet husband ;) I see such a need to spend time with our children and families and to teach them good Godly principles and simple American living! I don't want to raise the next NBA or Hollywood star! I want to raise children who love God, their families and their country!
If you were wondering about Micah...he was being spoiled at Nonie and Papaw's house!
Hope you have enjoyed spending time with your families this beautiful November weekend!
Sarah


2 comments:
You forgot to mention my coyote shot. Thank you very much!
Sarah, so glad you stopped by my blog. It was a joy getting to answer phones with you. You have a lovely family. I agree, we need to teach our children to love God and country. You are doing it the right way.....this starts in the home....Blessings!
Post a Comment
I love hearing from you! Thanks so much for stopping by!
Sarah