I drove to Indianapolis because James injured himself on Saturday night playing basketball :) needless to say he has been on crutches....
So, in between work for James here are our adventures.
Indoor Pool! All to ourselves!!
Had to add this....because Micah wasn't tall enough to see in the bathroom mirror he resorted to the next best thing lol! I walked by the bathroom and saw this...him standing on the toilet seat (at least he brushed) :)
I got online and looked up things for us to do that were fun, educational and either free or inexpensive. We visited the Benjamin Harrison home. He was our 23rd President and was a Republican (Hallelujah) and friends with Abraham Lincoln. This property was his actual home and the house was updated only enough to preserve. The interior had large amounts of original pieces.
The tour was so interesting! We love History as a family, so it was a winner!
This bed was the bed that President Harrison died in. Kinda morbid I know, but one of his daughters was born there etc. President Harrison and his wife were the first to have electricity in the White House and also the first to decorate a Christmas tree there.
The china on this table was the original Harrison family dinnerware.
This sleigh was especially interesting to us because the boys love horses so much! It is the original and is a Studebaker. President Harrison's favorite horse was named Patriot :)
While we were in Indianapolis we visited the Circle Center Mall. It was beautiful and wonderful but I am a COUNTRY GIRL all the way! And if my husband tries to tell you any stories about my city driving don't believe a word ;) LOL!!!
After James's work was done in Indianapolis we ventured to Southbend. Where our beloved Chocolate Factory is. The last time we visited the factory we took the grand tour etc. This time we stopped in for some Ice Cream and some CHOCOLATE!
Walls and walls of chocolate my friends! Chocolate covered just about everything! We also visited the University of Notre Dame campus.
So, after our chocolatey visit we made a drive through the country to Shipshewana, Indiana or better known as The Amish Country.
This place is a definite visit again on my list! We all loved it! The people are so simple and interesting! We shopped at their store and it was so neat. One candy aisle was Amish home made candies. The decorations were neat! Every business in town had hitching posts for the horse and buggies!! This just so happened to be the boys favorite thing about our visit. The farms are beautiful!
Well, I hope you have enjoyed hearing about our little get away! Back to School Tomorrow!
Sarah
4 comments:
Looks like fun. I think we would enjoy something like that. Now as far as the "pinching Micah" ordeal, can I please say what was running through his mind? "Aww, Mom. Not again. Next time leave your camera in the car, ok?" Was I close? ha ha just kidding.
Looks like so much fun!! I'll have to add it to our "to-do" list. :)
I love Indianapolis. We just visited there last month and loved it. But we didn't get to do anything else except the Children's Museum...which was a vacation in itself. I would love to go back and tour some historical places....and Amish Country! How fun! BTW, I really don't know the Pink Parsonage people. I can't even remember how I ended up on their blog. But they do seem to be such a neat family!
oh....same for The Painted Parsonage gal! I just ran across their blogs and started being "blog friends".
Post a Comment
I love hearing from you! Thanks so much for stopping by!
Sarah