Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Anniversary Celebration In Pigeon Forge Tennessee

On Saturday James and I celebrated our 17th wedding anniversary! We celebrated in Pigeon Forge, Tn. We left our boys with my parents and headed out on Friday afternoon.

James had rented us a cabin for two nights and it was the sweetest thing! Let's take a peek...
It was tucked in the woods on the side of a mountain. Lots of trees, birds and squirrels. You could hear the river rushing across the road.
 The master bedroom. They left a bottle of Sparkling Cider on the night stand. The cabin was called The Scarlet Rose Cabin.

The dining area was complete with handmade wooden furniture, glass doors with view of deck and hot tub, humming bird feeders on the doors, and our favorite...a popcorn maker! I made popcorn twice!
The kitchen was fully furnished. I made pancakes for James on Saturday morning!
 This was the extra bedroom complete with bear decor. I loved the lamps!
 The living room.
The couches or futons made a bed, so if we ever decide to stay here as a family there is plenty of room.

Now on to the events of the weekend...
We parked at the Old Mill and visited the shops, took pictures and had long talks.
The Mill has lots of rich history from days past in Pigeon Forge.

This little fella was resting on a rock near the Mill.
We stopped at tons of these souvenir shops. They carry similar items, but I love to browse and see what I can find! Of course we shopped the outlet malls too! So many good sales!
 There were so many beautiful flowers everywhere you looked!

...and water fountains! I thought this bear fountain was the cutest!
 We stopped in to check out the pottery shop. There was a potter demonstrating while we were there!

So many gorgeous pieces!!
On Saturday night we rode to Gatlinburg to see all the sights! 

My parents got us a Red Lobster gift card for our anniversary so Red Lobster it was on Saturday night! Shrimp Scampi and Sirloin for me Scampi and Flounder for James!!

We had such a wonderful time and shared many memories! It doesn't seem quite possible that Thursday will be 20 years since we met and that we have been married for 17 of them!! We met at a local church during a special service and we went to the same high school, so over the course of a few months we got together and he asked me out.

Let's take a look back...
 Mr and Miss Youth Camp 1995
 Youth Camp Banquet 1994
 Water Park 1995

Wedding Day June 29, 1996

Thanks for sharing with us!

Sarah


5 comments:

Tonya said...

where's your story?

Tonya said...

I love it! You both look so young! I would have never recognized James! And you are just as beautiful now! Congrats on 17 years! Kevin and I will be celebrating our 14th in September!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Hi Sarah! Congratulations on your anniversary! Looks like you had great time. It all goes so fast doesn't it? So great that you stopped by my place. I'm following you too! Happy 4th of July!

Amy P. said...

This was probably my most favorite post ever. Happy Anniversary!

The Mother of 3! said...

Great post! Glad you had a good time!

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks so much for stopping by!

Sarah