Wednesday, August 28, 2013
Burlap and Ribbon
Hello friends! When I opened the door this morning at the edge of daylight I could just sense fall in the air! It was foggy and a bit cooler than usual and the spiders were spinning webs in the hedge.
I am still adding touches of fall throughout my house. Yesterday afternoon and up into the evening I spent time working on some new wreaths. These wreaths are not for me or my house, but for the doors of our church. You can go HERE to view the wreaths that I made for the Spring.
I am loving burlap these days, so I knew I wanted burlap. I made a note that I wanted feathers and a large pumpkin as well.
I found the little vine pumpkin at Hobby Lobby. The feathers, pumpkin and burlap came from my favorite dollar mart (of course they cost more than a dollar, but this little shop has great deals!) I had the plaid ribbon left over from last year.
I spent quite a bit of time looking it over tweaking a bit then I added the finishing touches.I love the finished product! Simple yet beautiful I think!
The feathers added to the look I was going for.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Hope you are enjoying these end of Summer days.
I am joining Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays and Pamela at From My Front Porch To Yours for Treasure Hunt Thursday and Debra at CommonGround for Be Inspired
Sarah
5 comments:
Sarah your burlap and pumpkin wreath is wonderful. Thanx for joining THT!
Sarah,
Your blog s truly lovely. I will need to add you to my list of favorites.
Blessings
Sue
Oh how I love it!!
It's beautiful!
so cute, love that wonderful plaid ribbon!!
Post a Comment
I love hearing from you! Thanks so much for stopping by!
Sarah