Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Thrifting

This post is dedicated to all of you yard sale, thrift store and goodwill fans =) I just have to tell you that in the past I just couldn't get in to it! I tried and like the thoughts of a good deal. I just couldn't get past that famous musty smell and the dread of germs and bed bugs! Well, I am here to announce that I am warming up to the idea =)

For those of you who know me you know that I love to shop and decorate and craft etc. So, thrifting is just the place for a person like me! If you follow my blog you know that we recently spent some time in Kansas and while we were there much to my boys dismay we did some thrifting!

There was a D.A.V. Thrift Store right down from the hospital where James was working. They had some really great stuff. Some stuff that I liked, but really didn't need and then there was a few things that I couldn't pass up. I am collecting the Federal Glass 1950's tea sets. Do you see the price on the plate? .29 cents Um yes I think I will get that! The lantern with the star holes and the red, white and blue tea light holder were 1.99 and 1.49 and then 1/2 off of that! The leaf dish has a nice pattern not visible in this picture, but it is Lilian Vernon China. It was a grand total of .49 cents!
I found this wonderful metal cage cloche at a downtown shop! Isn't it a beauty? It has been painted and is presently on my mantel.
I have a thing with sheep I just love them. This little guy was a whole dollar at the Thrift Store in Lindsborg, Kansas. The little card, picture holder was like a quarter...can't remember.
Did you happen to notice that the items are displayed on my barnwood table?  You can read about it HERE.
Last but definitely not least the boys, my mom and I went to the "park yard sale" as I call it. The campground at our local park has a yard sale 3 times a year and we just love to go. While there I found this chippy vintage mirror for 2.00! Yay! I haven't decided what to do with it. Any ideas?

Thanks for checking out my  thrifty finds!

Back to school post next!

Sarah



4 comments:

Amy P. said...

Wow. This post has made me soooo happy for all sorts of different reasons. Lol

Candi said...

Oh WOW!! I love bargains, this is great!!

Unknown said...

That cloche thing is awesome. I have a mirror like that hanging in our bathroom. Welcome to the thrill of finding those treasures.

Angela ~ Call Her Blessed said...

You found some really pretty things - esp the cloche! I am a GW, thrift store, & flea market fan =)

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks so much for stopping by!

Sarah