Pictures have always been my hobby whether it was taking them or scrapbooking them and yes I have always taken pictures of most everything!
During the course of my blog I haven't given home tours or even whole room tours. Well, today I am changing all that. Fall is kinda like Spring for me. A time for cleaning, fixing, refreshing and redoing. I have a few plans that I am sharing. In the meantime I am going to reveal the Cowboy/Western room in our house. At the end of the reveal I am going to list changes that I want to make and request ideas and inspiration from my readers. Ready?
Isaiah's boots that he recently grew out of are set beside of the bed now.
This old desk/dresser has been a part of our family for several years. I went to Hobby Lobby and got the drawer knobs. 50% off of course.
This piece is hanging just outside of his closet.
This is the top of the dresser/chest.
The switch plate cover is also a Hobby Lobby find.
Remember the famous barn wood project? Well it is on top of the desk/dresser. Isaiah's woodworking project from Student Convention is sitting there as well
This room has new carpet, doors and window. The white furniture has been with us since Isaiah was like 2. The bed is one of the bunk beds that James and his brother had...we painted it white to match the other pieces.
I love the western/rustic look! I plan on keeping it in there for a long time. It matches Isaiah's personality and could be very versatile.
This room at Christmas. LOVE!
Ok. so now for the changes that need to take place in this room.
#1 the white furniture has to go! I am not going to paint or redo it. IT HAS TO GO!
#2 New paint color. Any suggestions? Also, new trim.
#3 What about the top of the dresser/chest?
That's all about this room for now. Would love to hear your suggestions. I will update as I change up things a bit.
Sarah
4 comments:
u need a western or rustic mirror for the dresser. u could white wash the furniture. put u up a chair railing in old wood and paint top a light color and the bottom a rust color.
The room looks great! I love the rustic look! It for sure looks like a guys room!
Looks so good. And knowing Isaiah, it looks exactly like that most of the time.
What a cute room!!! You did a great job!!
Post a Comment
I love hearing from you! Thanks so much for stopping by!
Sarah