Monday, December 9, 2013

A Peek At My Christmas Porch

Remember the old sled? You can read about it HERE. Well it has made it's debut on the front porch!
Before all of our winter weather came the boys and I headed out to gather up some fresh greens and pine cones! Recently I read on Pinterest about a way to make sure your pinecones were critter free and sap free when you took them indoors to decorate. Simply place them on a foil lined pan and bake on 225 for 45 minutes-an hour. I did  it and you talk about the house smelling yummy! It smelled like pine cones were baking in the oven =) Maybe because they were!!

Did it work? I haven't seen a critter one and the sap is dried up!
After adding the ribbon and burlap to the sled I added some fresh cut pine.
I had a leftover craft fair wreath that just happened to match my country/woodsy themed porch. It matches perfect! When the weather breaks I will finish up out there. Until then I hope you have enjoyed taking a peek...

Stay Warm!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks so much for stopping by!

Sarah