Thursday, May 24, 2012

EMERGENCY and a MIRACLE

I was hoping to post Isaiah's birthday party or something else nice for my next post but I have a story to tell.....Last Friday our crew along with some family and friends went riding. Sounds easy enough!! Well, around dark James calls me to pick Isaac up and so of course I want to know why?? When I get to them Isaac was throwing up on the side of the road. He doesn't throw up EVER!!

So, he had gotten hot, drank too much, was tired....okay but he had a wreck on his bike....just a tiny bruise it's all good! He had his helmet, gloves, and boots on!? He
rested okay, then the next day we had Isaiah's birthday party (he's sore but ok), rested good again, church Sunday and in more pain! My anxiety level is building!! So, by Sunday night we decided something was up and on Monday I take him to the Dr. They sent us for a CT Scan and he has fractured his spleen.... the bottom of his stomach is full of blood! EMERGENCY!

To make a long story short the CT technician knew immediately when the scan took a picture. The Dr. calls a Pediatric Surgery Team at UK hospital, Isaac is starting to figure it out and I'm falling apart. Did I mention that I was at the Dr. with 3 children and James is out of town working with no cell service??

While Isaac was riding on Friday he had a simple spill on his dirt bike..the handle bar came back and hit him right in the area of the spleen..it left a quarter size bruise. Since the bruise was so small there was no reason for us to immediately think he was badly injured.

He was being scheduled for an emergency splenectomy!!!! I turned around to the hall and an EMT crew was there with a stretcher!! I took the pic above while about ten people were working on him, talking to me and I am BOOHOOING BIG TIME!

Some good friends of ours took Isaiah and Micah and drove me to the hospital. I was so appreciative!

They took him by ambulance to the hospital here to prep for surg. and await the next chopper. Due to bad weather and a bad accident we were taken by ambulance!!

MIRACLES START TO HAPPEN!! Isaac and I are in the ER while they are trying to get us transported and Isaac looks over at me. With big tears from those big blue eyes he says "mommy I don't want them to take it out!" I said  "well Isaac you tell the Lord that!"

We started praying! (GOOSEBUMPS) I laid my hand right where is spleen is and he prayed and I said something like "Lord would you please move on Isaac's behalf? I know you can do it Lord! I know he doesn't have to have surgery cause you can touch him!" (MORE GOOSEBUMPS) I still kinda had my head bowed and the Dr. came in smiling!! He said that we still needed to get Isaac to UK fast but that things were looking good! (GLORY)

So, our friends finally found someone to contact James. He called and headed this way. We loaded in the ambulance and headed to UK. It was a rough ride and raining awful, but the Lord gave Isaac peace and he rested almost the whole way! Peace came to me....Peace that passes all understanding!!

The EMT that rode in the back with Isaac and myself got a text message from the prayer chain at his church.....requesting prayer for....Isaac!! So, we got there and the tech who met us told me that we were initially listed as a trauma but we were not in the trauma area of the ER!! UK is a university hospital and so we saw 100 MD's and 50 Students :) U know what I mean!

We had company immediately and prayers were going up everywhere! They started telling us that things were looking good and he was NOT gonna have to have surgery!! He was admitted and had to have extensive blood work and before midnight his internal bleeding had STOPPED!!

He rested good and what time James and I rested was good rest! So, Isaac woke up and had TWO bowls of cereal and within a short time the Dr's confirmed that all was well and that he could eat and walk around!!

The head pediatric surgeon showed me his CT scan that we had before leaving and he showed me how badly damaged his spleen was and where the blood was floating in his lower abdominal cavity! He showed me how there was nothing else damaged and that he would be just fine!We were dismissed with normal bloodwork and home by 5:30 Tuesday!
Today the Nurse Practitioner who first saw Isaac called my cell phone! She was worried about him! When I told her the report she was amazed and said it had to be a GOD THING!

We serve a merciful, awesome, all powerful GOD! Amazed and Thankful!!Here is Isaac going home in his PJ's :)

I want to say that we are so appreciative of the overwhelming support we received from friends and family! If you called, prayed, texted etc we want to thank you from the bottoms of our hearts! We love each and every one of you!!

God Is Good!

Sarah

\

7 comments:

Ashlee said...

Praise God!! I'm so glad God moved for Isaac! Kari was tore up here and kept telling me that Isaac needed her! LOL. Thank the Lord that he saw fit to give you all a miracle! :)

Amy P. said...

Wah! My faith is increased. I know yours has to be too. I was so proud to see him earn that character award today. So sweet! Praise the Lord. When Titus seen him @ the party palace he said, "There's the boy we prayed for Mommy."

Tonya said...

I am so happy for you and your family.. I know that there is NO DOUBT that you got a MAJOR MIRACLE from GOD!!!! What a testimony!!!!! What an encouragment!!!! Love your blog!!!

Heather S. said...

We are sooooo thankful everything is okay!!! We were in Holmes Co. Ohio, 6 1\2 hours away. We were all tore ups and praying. Madison was worried awful about her buddy! She can't wait to see him Sunday :) so glad God moved
As only He can !

Jennifer said...

Wow! This is incredible, what an amazing testimony! Thank you for sharing, thankful for God's wonderful provisions! He is so good!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

What a story! Wow! Thank you for sharing your faith and God's hand in your family's story. Thanks for linking up with us today!

Courtney DeFeo at Lil Light O' Mine said...

so awesome. so glad you shared!

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks so much for stopping by!

Sarah