Last night our church hosted a Graduation Banquet. This banquet and ceremony is primarily for the large home school group that we have within our church. Our children on the other hand are not home schooled and attend the Christian School in our town. (I don't take it lightly either for I see it as a HUGE blessing)!! Everyone is invited to participate tho! So, Micah being a Kindergarten graduate this year participated with two of his friends! We had 3 Kindergarten, 2 Eighth Grade, 3 Highschool, and 1 College graduate.
Micah wore the cap and gown that Isaac wore at the same banquet when he was in Kindergarten. I did buy the sash and tassel tho. We had a large crowd, special speaker, slide show, grandmas and grandpas and of course dinner afterwards.
Micah posing with his buddies! Did anyone besides me notice that they are all GIRLS!:)
Each graduate had their own table at the fellowship hall. I decided to do Micah's table in a western theme.
I placed give away pictures on the table, a lasso rope, tin bucket with bandana for the cards, tin bucket with bandana with candy for the guests, Micah's cowboy hat etc. Dinner consisted of the all American cookout...Hotdogs, hamburgers, fish (YUM!), baked beans, potato salad, pasta salad, desserts and drinks!!
Micah will graduate from school next week, but I think it is so important to be involved with your friends and with your church! He knew that this was fun for him, but for his home school friends it was for real! We enjoyed it so much and appreciated the opportunity!! Stay tuned for a Big birthday bash and School festivities.....
Here are a few pics from when Isaac was in Kindergarten. His memory board was the alphabet! I went thru the whole alphabet on his board and used primary colors... I still have it! I used his board at the banquet and at his birthday party after that!
For all of you younger mothers than me....make sure to take those grandmas advice when they tell you that your baby's won't be baby's long! It is very true!
Celebrate every day!
Sarah
3 comments:
Sarah..another wonderful post!!! hannah just loves Micah. she took a few pict to put on her memory board in her bedroom... Kids do grow up TOO fast! I can't believe that Shawn will be graduating HIGH SCHOOL, next Saturday!! I wish that we had a rewind button...
LOL...Micah will have a hard time choosing one of those beautiful gals! :)
Seems sad but it won't be long until those graduation caps and gowns are for high school diplomas.
I want to do a board! You should have made that happen @ school! Lol
Post a Comment
I love hearing from you! Thanks so much for stopping by!
Sarah