Sunday, February 3, 2013

Birthday Party 1

Micah will turn 7 this month. So, I thought since his Birthday party will be # 30 boy party for this family that I would do a series. I have also done girl parties and baby showers etc. I hope that during this time of celebrating you will find some party ideas, ways to save money and still have a nice party, or just viewing pleasure etc. Let's get started...
For Isaiah's 9th birthday we celebrated at Chuck E Cheese. We loaded up a cake and a few friends and headed to the nearest one which is 1.5 hrs away. I purchased pizza and tokens for everyone and it was tons of fun!
Isaiah wanted a space cake! I also had cake plates and napkins when it came time for dessert. We enjoyed our time at Chuck E Cheese and I enjoyed no set up or clean up :) !!

Next will be Isaac's 6th Birthday. We had it here at our house and he chose Diego for the theme.
I loved this party because of all the bright colors!
One way that I save money and still make it cute is I only buy like one pack of the themed napkins, plates etc. I then purchase multi colored plates at the dollar shop to match and color rotate them in a stack. At this particular party I had Diego plates for the children and just regular styro foam  plates for everyone else. I also buy colored napkins for 1.00 and rotate colors with the themed napkins.
I also just buy one themed table cloth for a special table..food, cake or presents. I then go to the Dollar Tree or our other dollar shop and purchase colored ones to match. If the theme they choose is a character in which we have toys then I use toys to mingle in the decor.
Man they grow fast!!

And the last party for this post is Micah's 3rd birthday party. On the day he was born it snowed in the evening, so I thought we should have a winter themed party sometime and we did.
We had it at our school. I went with different shades of blue, white and silver. For decorations I chose snowman and winter decor from right here at home. The cake was my favorite!!
Is that not the cutest? I honestly didn't want to cut it! I found snowman plates and napkins at the Dollar Tree and snowflake table cloths to mingle in with my solids.

If our children's birthdays don't fall on the day of the party we buy a chocolate chip cookie cake to celebrate the day.
This is a tradition that my mother started with me.

I hope you have enjoyed partying with me!

Thanks for stopping by!

Sarah

2 comments:

MrsMomma said...

Love the idea of the chocolate chip cake. Do you decorate your own cakes? They are adorable. -Heather

Amy P. said...

You have the knack for party planning, that's for sure!

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks so much for stopping by!

Sarah