Monday, February 18, 2013

Micah's 7th Birthday Party

On Saturday we celebrated Micah's 7th Birthday! I enjoyed the planning part of it so much! For one thing Micah gets so excited and just really enjoys it all. The party theme was Hotwheels!

I printed out Micah's name and the hotwheels logo on card stock. I strung ribbon thru it and hung it above the cake and present tables.
 The Birthday Boy!
We had at least 65 in attendance. Lots of food too! Here is the menu: Combination Chicken Tray from Wal-Mart, Pizza, Buffalo Chicken Dip with Tortilla Chips, Sausage Balls, Spinach Dip and Bread, Pasta Salad, 3 different kinds of chips, Chip Dip, Carrots, Cake, Ice Cream, Cookies, Chocolate Dipped Strawberries etc. YUMMY!
A few years ago I thought I would down size my parties and just have the grand parents and in laws, my brother and maybe just a couple of friends...then I started thinking about the wonderful gatherings that we have! My mom and her brothers and sisters all eating, laughing and talking! James's aunts and uncles all having such a good time. Cousins getting together. Friends staying and playing as long as they want! Why would I down size? I love to plan it and feed them and I think that they all enjoy it!
Micah with his 2nd cousins Jacob and Greyson.
 I am soo loving how the cake turned out! Thanks Heather! We had the little flag and car cookies too. Thanks Kelly :) (we spent hours at my house on Friday getting those done)

 I love the next picture..when it was time for Micah to blow out the candles like 50 people were looking at him..
He sunk way down in his chair and I said "Micah do you feel like everyone is looking at you?" and he said  "uh -huh" :) Cute!
 Happy Birthday little buddy!

Next was presents!
This was a cute idea and everyone clapped when Micah opened it and giggled. A tissue box with ten 1 dollar bills taped around a toilet paper roll..when he opened the package it read "Micah, here is your Birthday gift. Don't "Blow" it all in one place :) So, he first pulls a tissue from the box and then the money comes out! TOO CUTE! Thanks Ealy family!
 He was so tickled with his hot wheels!
 ...and Fox clothes etc.
 We stayed late and everyone played!
There was basketball, bikes, power wings, jump rope etc.

What a wonderful evening of Birthday fun!

Micah's actual Birthday is Tuesday, so I will post about that soon!

Sarah










3 comments:

Amy P. said...

Looks great! Sorry we missed it. I didn't have the heart to tell Josiah about not going. Luckily, he was so busy he didn't remember about it. Is it just me or have you noticed winter parties seem to bring a bigger crowd?

The Mother of 3! said...

Looks like soo much fun! We wished we could have been there! Maybe next year!!!

Heather S. said...

Thanks for inviting us to the party.It was fun! Glad you liked the cake.

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks so much for stopping by!

Sarah