With the sweetest little note to me! I am sure that I will decorate with these 100 times in 100 different ways! I was so tickled with them!
I found this birds nest at our local Vendor's Mall while looking for some burlap ribbon. It was very affordable and new, so it had to come home with me! I knew that it needed a bird and so a couple of weeks later I was in the Dollar Tree and found this birdie =) This is on my mantle at the moment.
Remember the bunny? I sat him beside of the bird and her nest just for the picture.
Do you ever find something and buy it for sentimental reasons? Because it reminds you of something that you hold dear? Well, on the same day that I found the nest I found this little sheep for $1.50. He is in perfect condition and just had to come home with me and join my Spring decor! I am sure that you are curious why that a sheep would have sentimental meaning to me..
Well..my mother grew up on a large farm and her dad was known for several years for his sheep farming. I remember as a little girl going to the barnyard and seeing my Grandfather and Uncles shear the sheep and collect their wool. I remember bottle feeding little lambs =) I also grew up with stories from my mother about growing up on the farm and raising sheep! So, with all that being said here is my little sheep..
Handsome isn't he? I placed him there just for the picture as well. My mantle is in some kind of transformation right now, but I am not sure what kind =) I do know that my canvas family picture is staying for a while..
Handsome aren't we? LOL! I hope that you have enjoyed hearing about my WIN and all of my other random thoughts!
Stop by and say hello to Cindy and tell her that I sent you!
I'm gonna go enjoy this beautiful Spring day!
Sarah
2 comments:
Sarah,
CONGRATS on the win!! Now I luv that darling little sheep and looks great how you have displayed it. Thanks for coming by:)
Blessings,
Linda
Sarah,
Thanks for the shout out. That little nest is so adorable in it. Sorry, I have not been by in awhile. I'm a little lost in blogland right now. My google reader is gone after loading it into 2 other readers and now I'm trying to determine how to read the blogs I'm following. It's going to take awhile to get it set up correctly and I'm not much of a techie.
Farmhouse hugs,
Cindy
Post a Comment
I love hearing from you! Thanks so much for stopping by!
Sarah