Let me paint you an ugly picture. When we first bought our house the laundry room was not finished. The room was complete with a flat ceiling, shop type light (you know the ones with the long florescent bulbs), concrete floor, unfinished walls, old hot water heater and hoses and wires sticking out everywhere! So, when we moved here we immediately started remodeling, just not the laundry room. After all I had to do laundry right? So, to make a long story short we moved our washer, dryer, and chest freezer into the room =(
I hated every moment in that room!! So, we lived here for like 6 years with it like that. In the mean time we added ceramic tile, new carpet, new windows, new doors, took out walls, added walls etc. I could shut the door to the laundry room and no one could see it right? Nobody but me =) So, one week while James was out of town the dryer tore up and when he got home he realized that the hot water heater was an accident waiting to happen. With all of this being said the project began. The above pictures are the starting phases of remodeling....the BEFORE pictures!
I wanted a cheery color in there and we seriously needed some storage space for shoes, and was it possible that James could have his closet in there?
Yes and Yes! (this is that side of the room before)
After =) The pictures seriously don't do it justice!
Before
After (notice the ceramic tile)
I seriously LOVE my laundry room now and strive to keep it as nice and clean as the rest of the house! Before I dreaded just opening the door! It is large enough to set my ironing board up and still have space! Of course I take it down when not in use. We painted it a nice yellow and I added a picture from Hobby Lobby.
That concludes my Laundry Room remodel. I hope you like it!
I would love to hear what you think!!
P.S. I am joining Linda over at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday!
Sarah
2 comments:
I remember that room!! It looks great! Your whole house looks great really. It's come a long way. Not that it was bad, but just needed modernizing and Sarah's touch!
How great to have a nice laundry room now. My washer and dryer are in the unfinished basement.
Farmhouse hugs,
Cindy
Post a Comment
I love hearing from you! Thanks so much for stopping by!
Sarah